Data Scientist Transformation Office (f/m/d)
As of 1st of March, the zooplus executive management has been extended with a Chief Transformation Officer, ex-McKinsey and Sr Executive, Olav Jørgensen.
Olav has set out the ambition to build the worlds best Transformation office, gathering a team of highly motivated, experienced, self-starting and passionate Transformation super stars. zooplus is hence, amongst a list of new team members, currently seeking a Data Scientist to report into the Chief Transformation officer. This role provides an outstanding platform for a highly talented individual to work under the immediate supervision of executive management to support key business decision-making. The role is positioned to interact closely with stakeholder across the organization, the wider executive leadership team as well as with top-tier private equity investors Hellman & Friedman and EQT. You should be
In the beginning, the Transformation Office will - amongst other topics - focus on further development of Own Brands at zooplus as well as on optimization of current Pricing and Promotion strategy. This list will expand, as the team of Transformation super stars expands.
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions.
- Mine and analyze data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing techniques and business strategies.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Develop KPI´s and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, ad targeting and other business outcomes
- Master’s or PHD in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or another quantitative field.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
- Proficient SQL knowledge (ideally ANSI SQL and/or experience with Oracle and Presto specific syntax)
- Experience using statistical computer languages (e.g. Python) to draw insights from large data sets is a plus
- First experience with data-lakes, structured and unstructured data sets
- Experience in Dashboarding and Reporting (e.g. Tableau)
- Understanding of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks to closely work with Data Science and IT teams.
- Highly differentiated business insight, good nose for value, able to identify and prioritize key value creation levers
- Strong problem solving skills with an emphasis on product development as well as operating on a big picture level
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
- Deeply thoughtful and experienced in how to drive change at scale in an organization, in particular sequencing and sizing of targets relative to company capability, bandwidth and motivation
- Background in e-commerce and product development is a big plus
What is offered with this position:
- Huge learning curve
- High-paced and impact focused role, from which you will quickly know the entire organization.
- Highly competitive comp, reflecting the high impact on the organization
- FUN, while on the job, or at our team off sites in the Alpes
What makes zooplus a great place to work:
🌎 Motivated and friendly teams with over 50 nationalities
🙌 Dedicated Buddy to support your onboarding
💪 A partnership with a selected gym
🏬 A central office location in Munich
✈️Flexible working hours and healthy work-life balance with 28 vacation days (plus Dec 24th and 31st off)
⏰A hybrid working model with 2 office- & 3 flexible days
💻Modern workspaces, state-of-the-art equipment, and mobile phone
📖 Continuous development through internal and external training opportunities
🐾 Employee discount for all company shops
💰Company pension scheme
🎈 Company events