Engineer Infrastructure Services (f/m/d)
We are expanding our team and looking for an Engineer - Infrastructure Services.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for automating the server & virtualization infrastructure, by maintaining and creating new automation tools to continue to drive transformation of our environment. The Infrastructure Services team supports the technical foundation of our rapidly growing large-scale Internet e-commerce platform and corporate applications.
- Help to grow the global production infrastructure that underpins our e-commerce platform as well our corporate IT environment
- Build, develop and maintain custom virtualization automation, monitoring and reporting toolsTroubleshoot, resolve, and assist in complex virtualization & server related issues through code
- Troubleshoot, resolve, and assist in complex virtualization & server related issues through code
- Participate in automation initiatives that interface with our storage & networking frameworks
- Manage stability and scalability in a large virtualization environment (700+ VM's / 30+ Hypervisors) through code
- Actively be part of moving away from on-premise Datacentre infrastructure to a Cloud based environment
- Mentor and share knowledge with less experienced members of the team
- Communicate with internal and external parties to refine requests and create a design/plan to address the true goal (which is not necessarily the same as the request)
- Take complex projects and break them down into smaller delegate-able piece
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required.
- Minimum 5 years of related experience.
- 3+ years coding experience.
- Desire to code in multiple languages.
- 3+ years of experience with virtualization technologies in a production environment preferred
- Infrastructure background is a must.
- Understanding of other virtualization technologies (Vmware, Citrix/Parallels) is not required but a plus
- Very strong troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work through ambiguity to discover the true driving factors and can make design decisions
- Familiar with Ansible, Puppet, CloudConfig or comparable automation tools is a must.
- Familiar with Linux, RHEL and/or CentOS a large plus
- Familiar with containers
Specialized Knowledge & Skills:
- Experience in system administration tasks in Linux, Unix with familiarity with standard IT security practices (such as encryption, certificates, key management).
- Experience with deployment and orchestration technologies (such as Puppet, Chef, Salt, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos, OpenStack, Jenkins).
- Experience in professional services, solution engineering; with expertise in architecting and rolling out new technology and solution initiatives.
- Understanding of open source server software (such as NGINX, RabbitMQ, Redis, Elasticsearch)
- Experience in maintaining internet facing production-grade applications in virtualized (cloud) environments.
- Experience in writing scripts in one or more languages such as Python, Go and/or similar.
- Experience in moving away from on-premise Datacentre to Cloud Services - Hybrid or Full
- Familiar with scalable networking technologies and web standards (like as REST APIs, web security mechanisms)