Junior Controller for Logistics (m/f/d)
Are you looking for an organisation that is going to invest in you? Then join the Global FP&A team at zooplus, Europe’s highly successful and largest Ecom player in the Petcare category.
Based in our Munich headquarters, we are looking for an ambitious candidate joining in January 2023 to support our fast-growing business to help manage our Logistics costs.
You will support the Vice President of FP&A and work closely with our Operations areas in your daily work. By providing cost transparency in logistics, and supporting the financial reporting and planning processes which impact the operations department, you contribute to the success of zooplus. You will report directly to the Global FP&A Vice President.
As you settle into your role, we would also expect you to be open to expand your responsibilities beyond the initial scope of your role to support the bigger FP&A agenda and team.
Your tasks include among others
- Ensure costs are managed and accounted for as part of monthly, quarterly and annual closing processes enabling accurate performance management of logistics costs
- Support annual financial planning processes and in-year forecasts, including deviation analysis, by working with your logistics and finance colleagues
- Bring financial acumen to projects with your logistics colleagues and drive opportunities for optimization
- Work with your logistics colleagues to understand the impacts of logistics contract changes
- Support further development of Logistics Controlling (projects, reporting, ad-hoc analyses)
- Administrative work for internal control system (contribution margin calculation)
What we expect from you
- Successfully completed business studies, ideally with a focus on finance / controlling
- You’ve already completed your first professional experience, likely as an intern or student role in finance of an international company
- Very good knowledge in the use of Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge in the use of business intelligence systems (e.g. SAP BW & Tableau)
- Fluent in written and spoken English – German is helpful but not mandatory
- Structured way of working as well as a data driven mindset
- Strong communication skills and be comfortable working with various stakeholders including the management and supervisory board
Become part of our success story and take advantage of the opportunity for a real challenge in a dynamically growing company with great freedom and short decision-making paths. You can expect versatile tasks in our motivated team with an international orientation and colleagues from all over Europe. In addition, we offer you, amongst other things:
- ✈️ A total of 28 days' holiday/year (plus days off on 24 + 31 Dec.)
- ⏰ Flexible working hours & up to 60 % home office option
- 🏬 Office space directly in the heart of Munich
- 🐾 Employee discount in the zooplus shop
- 💰 Employee discounts for various online shops via our partner corporate benefits
- ☕ Free drinks and fruit in the office
- 📖 Further training opportunities
- 🎈 Employee events
- 🌎 We promote diversity! Get to know our motivated and friendly team colleagues from almost 60 countries.
In case you didn't know
zooplus SE was founded in Munich in 1999 and is now Europe's largest online retailer of pet supplies. With double-digit growth rates year after year, we are already represented in 30 European countries and expect continued sustainable growth.
Are you curious?
Then send us your application via our online application form. We look forward to hearing from you!