Lead Strategic Procurement Last Mile Service Partner (f/m/d)
We are looking for a Lead Strategic Procurement Last Mile Service Partner (f/m/d), to assure our customers across Europe are served best in accordance with our high-quality delivery standards and lead times as well as further development of our delivery service.
The Delivery Experience/Last Mile Team is an integral part of zooplus’ operations. This role is driving the strategic negotiations with our Delivery Service Provider (DSP) to assure zooplus customers get the best possible delivery experience. As part of the Last Mile team Strategic Procurement plays the leading role in negotiation with DSP on performance, quality and costs as well as on setting the framework for the realization of strategy and innovation projects. All in accordance to our business principles: Put the customer in the center of everything we do. This role is a direct report to the central Head of Last Mile.
- Develop the organization structure, the strategy and the business principles
for the newly created Strategic Procurement team.
- Develop a deep understanding for the structure, the network and the inner organization of every relevant Delivery Service Provider (DSP) – become the expert for the Last Mile Service Providers.
- Develop a dedicated negotiation strategy and plan on country and on provider level – short, mid and long term.
- Scout for innovation of the transport market as well as for new DSPs or delivery models and share with the organization.
- Collect requirements of all involved stakeholders for each DSP and market, analyze and benchmark the performance and the service level given by each DSP (support data-driven approach).
- Take operational ownership for a certain setting of Delivery Service Provider.
- Be the contact person for all contract related topics of the owned DSPs and handle escalations for your stakeholders with DSP.
Set up and align DSP budget and monitor budget development closely.
Coordinate and organize overarching DSP projects – company wide.
- Drive further development from transactional contracts to relational contracts.
- Minimum 5 years of progressive experience in procurement, legal, or consulting roles with heavy contract interfaces
- Excellent knowledge of German and English, other languages considered as a plus
- Strong team-working and relationship building skills
- Strong leadership skills and proven managerial experience
- An entrepreneurial mind-set with a proactive and results approach.
- Experience in leading highly critical negotiations
- Excellent numeracy and literacy skills, including outstanding communication skills.
- Sound understanding of e-commerce processes in general
- In-depth knowledge of contract drafting, management, and change control
- Experience in common methods of project management
- Problem-solving, self-driven and result-oriented way of working
What makes zooplus a great place to work:
- Motivated and friendly teams with over 50 nationalities
- Dedicated Buddy to support your onboarding
- A partnership with a selected gym
- A central location in Munich
- Flexible working hours and healthy work-life balance with 28 vacation days (plus Dec 24th and 31st)
- Hybrid working model with 2 office- & 3 flexible days
- Modern workspaces, state-of-the-art equipment, and mobile phones
- Continuous development through internal and external training opportunities
- Employee discount for all company shops
- Company pension scheme
- Company events
In case you didn´t know
Zooplus AG was founded in Munich in 1999 and today we are Europe´s leading online retailer for pet-related products. With an annual double-digit growth rate, we have already successfully rolled out our business model in 30 European countries and we are expecting further sustainable growth in European e-commerce. We remain faithful to the key values of our company – a dynamic and flexible approach, constant learning opportunities, and inventive thinking at every level and position in the organization.
You want to know more? Let´s have a talk! Apply now.