Purchasing Manager Private Label Food (f/m/d)
As Purchasing Manager Private Label Food (f/m/d) you will be responsible for the management of a global sourcing network to ensure availability and avoid out of stock situation in close cooperation with internal interfaces and suppliers, Product Management and Product Experts Private Label. Further tasks will include stock monitoring and preparing forecasts.
This role is part of the Purchasing Team Private Label Food which consists of 4 colleagues. The team is responsible for the negotiations with the suppliers (e.g. prices, contracts, logistic frame conditions) and the close cooperation with the Procurement and Inventory Team for the availability of our products. You will report to the Team Lead Purchasing Private Label Food.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Management of our worldwide supplier network through active network maintenance and supplier analyses.
- Operational supplier support in close cooperation with private label product management, accounting and the disposition team.
- Observation of the relevant procurement markets and sourcing for new suppliers and other sources of supply.
- Taking over contract and condition negotiations.
- Drafting and preparation of annual agreements with all suppliers.
- Optimisation of TCO (total cost of ownership) in cooperation with suppliers.
- Central contact for all questions regarding the purchasing process.
- Quantity planning and coordination of sales forecasts with scheduling and suppliers.
- Regular maintenance and necessary additions/optimisation of the existing reports for the division and company management.
- Successfully completed studies in Business Administration, Marketing or comparable vocational training.
- Minimum two years of proven professional experience in various areas of merchandising or category management, within the retail/consumer goods/e-commerce sector.
- Excellent analytical skills and profound knowledge of working with operational figures (KPIs).
- Strong communication, interpersonal and persuasive skills combined with a self-confident, assertive and resilient character.
- Commercial acumen and the ability to objectively evaluate and justify decisions based on targets vs. budgets.
- High online affinity and strong interest in retail and/or e-commerce - passion for pets and pet related products are an advantage.
- Teamplayer and able to work in a fast-paced environment with capacity to adapt quickly to changes.
- Experience in FMCG Far East (e.g. China) is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Proficiency in MS Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and ERP systems.
- Willingness to travel.
What makes zooplus a great place to work:
- Motivated and friendly teams with over 50 nationalities
- Dedicated Buddy to support your onboarding
- A partnership with a selected gym
- A central location in Munich
- Flexible working hours and healthy work-life balance with 28 vacation days (plus Dec 24th and 31st)
- Hybrid working model with 2 office- & 3 flexible days
- Modern workspaces, state-of-the-art equipment, and mobile phones
- Continuous development through internal and external training opportunities
- Employee discount for all company shops
- Company pension scheme
- Company events
In case you didn´t know
Zooplus AG was founded in Munich in 1999 and today we are Europe´s leading online retailer for pet-related products. With an annual double-digit growth rate, we have already successfully rolled out our business model in 30 European countries and we are expecting further sustainable growth in European e-commerce. We remain faithful to the key values of our company – a dynamic and flexible approach, constant learning opportunities, and inventive thinking at every level and position in the organization.
You want to know more? Let´s have a talk! Apply now.