Senior Backend Engineer (f/m/d)
We are looking for a Senior Java Backend Engineer who will take the user experience of zooplus to the next level. Our team is part of the E-Commerce area at zooplus. We are responsible for product discovery, guiding our customers from the homepage to the product detail page. Our mission is to make this journey for the user as smooth and easy as possible.
Here's an overview of the way we work and the technologies we use, to best achieve this goal:
- Our team assumes end-to-end responsibility for our systems, from inception to implementation, delivery, testing, deployment, and maintenance.
- We have a high focus on operational availability since our systems directly serve our customers. Horizontal scalability plays a central role in our design and development process.
- Testing plays a big role in our development process. We run a wide range of tests to ensure good quality code (unit, integration, performance, end-to-end, etc.).
- Automation is always celebrated in our team, whether it be mundane daily tasks or our CI/CD pipelines in Jenkins. If it can be automated, we automate it!
- We put heavy emphasis on cloud-based solutions configured and maintained with the help of Terraform. Our AWS stack currently consists of Lambda, SQS/SNS, S3, CloudFront, RDS, ElasticSearch, DynamoDB, PostgreSQL, and ElastiCache.
- We implement containerized REST APIs using modern Java and Kotlin technology stacks (mostly based on Spring Boot), Docker, Kubernetes/Helm.
- Monitoring is done using InfluxDB/Grafana, Prometheus, and ELK stacks.
- No human is perfect, which is why we as a team do our best to create a supportive, constructive, and understanding environment that allows each member to grow and improve.
What you will be doing as a Senior Java Backend Engineer if you will join our team:
- Design, implement and deliver backend applications able to handle a high volume of requests from our customers
- Promote and implement automation in all stages of the development lifecycle
- Have a high level of independence and responsibility for the topics you take ownership of
- Work closely with other engineers in the team in an agile and friendly environment, doing code reviews, pair programming, incident coordination
- 5+ years practical experience in software development with Java-based technology stack
- Designing, implementing, and delivering cloud-native systems as well as containerized microservice-based systems
- Hands-on experience with DevOps tools and practices (container orchestration, CI, monitoring and alerting, AWS)
- Passionate about writing clean, modular, testable code, designed with architectural principles in mind and proper use of design patterns
- Focus on automated testing and good experience with different levels of tests (unit tests, integration tests, end-to-end tests)
- Trust, self-organization, shared responsibility describe the best environment for you to thrive in
- Fluency in English and good communication skills
What we are offering you
a part of our success story and seize the opportunity to take on a real
challenge in a dynamically growing company where there is huge scope
for development and short decision-making processes. We are offering you
a versatile, international-facing role in our motivated team with
colleagues from all over Europe. Our German headquarter is at a great
location in Munich, with great infrastructure links. Additionally, we
offer many competitive benefits such as:
28 labour days of vacation (plus December 24th and 31st)
Flexibility first. Enter from 7 am to 10 am and organize yourself
Hybrid working flexibility (2 days office, 3 from home/remote)
Continuous development through internal and external training opportunities
- Participate in the technology community through our meetups and conferences
- German language courses
Discount in our zooplus shop for all our employees
Referral program. You will receive a bonus by helping us find the best talent
We encourage diversity, meet our motivated and friendly teammates from over 50 nationalities