(Senior) Backend Software Engineer Java Spring (f/m/d)
We are looking for an experienced Backend Software Engineer to join our Order Management Team at zooplus, Europe’s leading e-tailer for pet food and pet supplies. With an annual double-digit growth rate, we have already successfully rolled out our business model in 30 European countries and we are expecting further sustainable growth in European e-commerce.
We are responsible for core financial systems in the company. We are taking care of properly recording and booking all order related financial transactions. Additionally, we provide transparency about the current order and balances to our consumers and generate relevant financial reports for our internal accounting department or our external Tax Advisors.
Here are some of the main things that make me feel good about my team and our work environment that I am sure will be interesting for you:
Scrum is our way of working, and we feel like agile environment is not only inside the team, our managers also believe in it and the organization is also already aligned to it.
- We work in small self-organized teams where you will have the opportunity to grow on your professional career.
- The environment is very friendly and sometimes we do some activities together after work and also of course with other teams. Moreover, there is no strict dress code here so you can come in a simple T-shirt. Of course, check the weather forecast beforehand : - )
- We are used to doing pair programming, brown bag sessions and learning from each other. This way we can share knowledge between us.
- We deliver value by developing new features, maintaining existing products and improving all the infrastructure we need for it, so we also would like to have a colleague that likes to be cross-functional.
- We like to learn and deliver good quality products and for that we think that continuous delivery, clean code and DevOps mindset are the best way to do it.
- English is the official language of the company, we have mates from other countries inside our teams or we call to synchronize with other teams located in Krakow or Madrid. Being able to communicate fluently in English is a must.
These are some of the technologies/frameworks/practices we use:
Java11+, Kotlin, Spring framework
- Oracle or PostgreSQL
- CI/CD with Jenkins pipeline
- InfluxDB, Grafana, Sensu, ELK stack
- Mesos/Marathon, Docker, Kubernetes
- Amazon Web Services and cloud deployments (S3, SNS, SQS, RDS, DynamoDB, etc.), using tools such as Terraform or AWS CLI
- Git, Scrum, Pair Programming, Peer Reviewing
- Implement and deliver backend solutions (restful webservices) using micro-services architecture, event-sourcing and CQRS that can handle high volume of requests
- Integrate with other solutions via Rest APIs
- Promote and implement tests automation (e.g: unit tests, integration tests, e2e tests and performance tests)
- Deploy the applications using containers on the cloud (using: Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes and AWS)
- Work closely with your team members in an agile and friendly environment, doing code reviews, pair programming, knowledge sharing and incident coordination
- Maintain existing applications
5+ years of experience in software development
- Solid experience using for example Java11+, Kotlin and Spring framework
- Strong concepts of clean code principles
- Experience with relational/non-relational databases
- Able to understand and apply design patterns
- Experience working with Microservices
- English at working language level
- You are interested in growing as a software engineer participating actively in the whole development cycle (frontend, backend, database, testing, DevOps)
What we are offering you
Become a part of our success story and seize the opportunity to take on a real challenge in a dynamically growing company where there is huge scope for development and short decision-making processes. We are offering you a versatile, international-facing role in our motivated team with colleagues from all over Europe. Our HQ is at a great location in Munich, with excellent infrastructure links. Additionally, we offer many benefits such as:
✈ 28 paid days of vacation (plus December 24th and 31st)
🏠 Remote working flexibility (hybrid model with up to 60 % home office option)
🏬 Offices in the city center of Munich. Modern working spaces with table tennis, foosball, fresh fruit, beverages, and company events
📖 Continuous development through internal and external training opportunities
🎤 Participate in the technology community through our meetups and conferences
✏ German language courses
💲 Discount in our zooplus shop for all our employees + many other exclusive corporate benefits
💪 A partnership with a selected gym
🤝 Referral program. You will receive a bonus by helping us find the best talent
💰 Company pension scheme
🎈 Company events
🌍 We encourage diversity, meet our motivated and friendly teammates from over 60 nationalities
Did we make you curious?
Then send us your application in English via our online application form!
Join us and drive our success with your personal experience, your passion, your entrepreneurial thinking and your will to take over real ownership!