Senior Frontend Software Engineer (f/m/d)
We, the Payments Team, are looking for a seasoned Frontend Engineer to implement the user interface and engineer the experience of every site/software being put out by the business. To achieve this, you will collaborate closely with product owners, product designers, backend developers, and multiple service teams. The ideal candidate is passionate about building user experiences, constantly evaluating emerging technologies, and has a track record of building interfaces that are beautiful in form, function, and simplicity. The ability to work within a creative and positive team environment is key to the role.
Here are some things about the way we work that we take pride in:
- We work in small self-organized teams, respecting and valuing everyone´s opinion.
- We learn from each other and share knowledge, through pair programming, code reviews, hackathons, and training.
- We deliver value by developing new features, maintaining existing products, and improving all the infrastructure we need for it.
- We build quality into our code by following clean code principles and DevOps practices - you build it, you run it.
- We have embraced diversity, having colleagues from over 50 countries. This means our working language is English.
- We work in a challenging Agile environment, taking part in the entire software life cycle, including conception, development, and maintenance.
- You are a team player with good communication skills.
- You are a person interested in developing complete solutions and not only writing code.
- Profound experience in developing front-end and web applications (5+ years).
- Deeply invested in broadening your knowledge, learning new things and mastering the ones you already know.
- Experience creating and consuming REST APIs.
- Passionate about writing clean, modular, testable code.
- Experience with Atomic design and developing react design system libraries.
- Knowledge about testing tools, eg Jest, Cypress.
- Experience with A/B testing tools like Optimizely, Adobe Target, VWO, etc.
- Understanding of cross-browser support and industry best practices.
- Understanding of Web Design, User Experience Design (UX), and Design for Accessibility.
- Nice to have: Redux, GraphQL, Java, AWS, Cloud infrastructure, CI/CD with Jenkins pipeline, Kibana, Grafana, relational/non-relational databases.
What makes zooplus a great place to work
- Motivated and friendly teams from over 50 nationalities
- Dedicated Buddy to support your proper on-boarding
- A partnership with a selected gym
- A can-not-be-more-central location in Munich
- Flexible working hours and healthy work-life balance with 28 vacation days (plus Dec 24th and 31st)
- Fresh fruits, beverages and coffee
- Modern workspaces, state-of-the-art equipment and mobile phones
- Continuous development through internal and external training opportunities
- Employee discount for all company shops
- Company pension scheme
- Company events