(Senior) Manager Purchasing Controlling & Process excellence (m,f,d)
As a (Senior) Manager Purchasing Controlling & Process excellence, you support the Purchasing departments in ensuring process excellence, driving compliance, and providing guidance with standard reports to contribute to our financial success. As a member of the central Purchase Steering department, you will be tasked with controlling important central processes related to Purchasing, building insights from standard purchasing controlling reports, and deriving potentials for improvement in our daily operations. With your profound experience in purchasing-related fields (Strategic Purchasing, Purchasing Controlling, etc.) you help Vendor Managers and the Management Board to support the purchasing strategy.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Support the Purchasing organization and Senior Management in decision-making by providing standard reporting and ensuring process excellence
- Ensure tracking, monitoring, and reporting of the development of all the parts in Supplier Relationship Management
- Design and implement projects autonomously in close collaboration with Vendor Management to contribute to efficiency and financial performance
- Develop new processes jointly with BPO and ensure cross-departmental standards, compliance, and control of such
- Ensure administration, data availability and consistency in all purchasing departments
- Collaborate with Vendor Managers and other stakeholders to develop standards for reporting and act as solution-oriented sparring partner
- Report on Purchasing KPIs and forecast performance for various spend categories
- Aim for the best solution for zooplus while communicating and aligning proactively with all relevant stakeholders (Vendor Management, Management Board, BI, Controlling, etc.)
- Champion stakeholders’ enthusiasm for being data-driven and ensure adherence to best practices and knowledge sharing
We need your expertise:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field, Master’s preferable with several years working experience in Purchasing, preferably in ecommerce companies; background in consulting is a plus
Data-driven – with your strong analytical and
problem-solving skills you derive actionable insights for informed
decision-making in the purchasing organization
Digital native – you possess profound expertise with digital tools (e.g. JIRA, Excel, Tableau, SAP, etc.)
Structured and intellectually curious – you enjoy working with data and love improving things as a high-performer
Collaborative – you build and maintain positive relationships with colleagues, and enjoy working cross functionally with various teams to gather key inputs
Detail-oriented – you possess strong organizational skills, work precisely, and consistently demonstrate a methodical approach to all your work
Agile – your proactive attitude and perseverance help you to thrive in a challenging, fast-paced, and international environment with varying ad-hoc projects while working autonomously
A critical thinker – you use logic to synthesize critical information, excel at solving complex problems and identify opportunities
A strong communicator – you can communicate at all levels with clarity, maturity, and precision both written and verbal.
Reliable – you are comfortable with deadlines, competing priorities, and ambiguity in outcomes and organizational lines
- Fluent in English, German is a plus
What makes zooplus a great place to work:
Become a part of our success story and seize the opportunity to take
on a real challenge in a dynamically growing company where there is huge
scope for development and short decision-making processes. We are
offering you a versatile, international-facing role in our motivated
team with colleagues from all over Europe. Our office is in the city
center of Munich, with great infrastructure links. Additionally,
we offer many benefits such as:
✈ 28 labour days of vacation (plus December 24th and 31st)
⌚ Flexibel working hours - organize yourself
🏠 Remote working flexibility.
🏬 Offices in the city center of Munich. Modern
working spaces with fresh fruit, beverages, company events, partnership
with a selected gym, company pension scheme, mobile phones and a
dedicated buddy to support your onboarding.
📖 Continuous development through internal and external training opportunities.
🎤 Participate in the technology community through our meetups and conferences.
✏ English, German, etc. language courses.
💲 Discount in our zooplus shop for all our employees.
🤝 Referral program. You will receive a bonus by helping us finding the best talent.
🌍 We encourage diversity, meet our motivated and friendly teammates from over 50 nationalities.
Did we make you curious?
Then send us your application via our online application form.