(Senior) Manager Purchasing Controlling & Process excellence (m,f,d)
zooplus SE is Europe’s leading online retailer of pet supplies. With over 8 million active customers in more than 30 European countries and 1,8 billion Euro revenue in 2020, zooplus is comfortably the market leader in the online segment. zooplus currently employs more than 1100 employees in 10 international locations.
As a (Senior) Manager Purchasing Controlling & Process excellence, you support the Purchasing departments in billing retrospectively granted supplier conditions & bonuses, ensuring process excellence, driving compliance, and providing guidance with standard reports to contribute to our financial success. As a deeply service-oriented member of the central Purchase Steering department, you will be tasked with owning, maintaining, and controlling essential financial reports, building insights from supplier conditions, and deriving potentials for improvement in our daily operations. With your profound experience in purchasing controlling and/or purchasing you help Vendor Managers and the Management Board execute the company strategy.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Maintaining, updating, developing the central supplier off-invoice condition (volume bonuses, marketing bonuses, promotions, etc.) reporting
- Estimating and tracking expected bonuses for the full year
- Steering of year-end regarding achievement of bonuses
- Clarifying discrepancies in volumes between zooplus and suppliers for calculation of bonuses
- Supporting the Purchasing organization and Senior Management in decision-making by providing standard reporting and ensuring process excellence (e.g. retro invoicing)
- Updating inbound conditions reports to feed into other systems
- Ensuring tracking, monitoring, and reporting of the development of all the parts in Supplier conditions
- Designing and implementing projects autonomously in close collaboration with Vendor Management to contribute to efficiency and financial performance
- Developing new processes jointly with BPO and ensure cross-departmental standards, compliance, and control of such
- Collaborate with Vendor Managers and other stakeholders to develop standards for reporting and act as solution-oriented sparring partner
- Aim for the best solution for zooplus while communicating and aligning proactively with all relevant stakeholders (Vendor Management, Management Board, BI, Controlling, etc.)
- Champion stakeholders’ enthusiasm for being data-driven and ensure adherence to best practices and knowledge sharing
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field (e.g. economics, controlling, finance, data analytics, etc.), Master’s preferable with several years working experience in (purchasing) controlling, preferably in ecommerce companies; background in consulting is a plus
Data-driven – with your strong analytical and problem-solving skills you derive actionable insights for informed decision-making in the purchasing organization
Digital native – you possess profound expertise with digital tools (e.g. JIRA, Excel, Tableau, SAP, etc.)
Structured and intellectually curious – you enjoy working with data and love improving things as a high-performer
Collaborative – you build and maintain positive relationships with colleagues, and enjoy working cross functionally with various teams to gather key inputs
Detail-oriented – you possess strong organizational skills, work precisely, and consistently demonstrate a methodical approach to all your work
Service-oriented – your proactive attitude and perseverance help you to thrive in a challenging, fast-paced, and international environment with varying ad-hoc projects while working autonomously
A critical thinker – you use logic to synthesize critical information, excel at solving complex problems and identify opportunities
A strong communicator – you can communicate at all levels with clarity, maturity, and precision both written and verbal.
Reliable – you are comfortable with deadlines, competing priorities, and ambiguity in outcomes and organizational lines
- Fluent in English, German is a plus
Become part of our success story and take advantage of the opportunity for a real challenge in a dynamically growing company with great freedom and short decision-making paths. You can expect versatile tasks in our motivated team with an international orientation and colleagues from all over Europe. In addition, we offer you, amongst other things:
- ✈️ A total of 28 days' holiday/year (plus days off on 24 + 31 Dec.)
- ⏰ Flexible working hours & up to 60 % home office option
- 🏬 Office space directly in the heart of Munich
- 🐾 Employee discount in the zooplus shop
- 💰 Employee discounts for various online shops via our partner corporate benefits
- ☕ Free drinks and fruit in the office
- 📖 Further training opportunities
- 🎈 Employee events
- 🌎 We promote diversity! Get to know our motivated and friendly team colleagues from almost 60 countries.
Are you curious?
Then send us your application in English via our online application form. We look forward to hearing from you!