Senior Product Manager Own Brands (Food) (f/m/d)
The Own Brands food team at zooplus deals with the planning, management and control of exciting own pet food brands during the product life cycle from market maturity to market exit. The Product Management Team is in the driver seat for the successful development of each Own Brand and its assortment, tailored to the emotional pet food and dynamic e-commerce business. The team is passionate, customer-centric and skilled in brand- and project management, what we also expect from you. Do you love pets, products and brands? Then reach out to us.
Your Responsibilities in this role:
- Development of the specific private label strategy in coordination with the Group Product Manager.
- Definition of assortment strategies.
- Responsibility for operational brand and project management for specific private labels.
- Sales responsibility for the specific private labels to be supported in the individual markets.
- Proactive and systematic development of the specific private labels according to the brand positioning through new products and marketing plans.
- Support of the Group Product Manager (GPM) in daily business operations.
- Interpretation of existing reports and continuous key figure analysis as well as optimization with regard to the cost situation, article availability, margin, turnover – and implement conclusions proactively into daily work.
- Continuous shelf maintenance and optimization in the sense of increasing customer satisfaction and quality assurance.
- Control of promotional measures and derivation of recommendations for action to achieve the respective sales targets.
- Collaboration in the development of the specific own brand strategy in close cooperation with the GPM.
- Independent management of external design and translation agencies.
- Handling of declaration templates in over 20 different languages in accordance with directives/regulations in consultation with the Expert Team.
- University degree in economics preferably with a focus on business administration/marketing.
- 5-7 years of professional experience and passion for product management in FMCG, retail or pet food.
- Experience in the independent support of brands or private labels.
- Knowledge of the marketing mix and tools.
- Experience in the cooperation and management of external agencies.
- Analytical skills combined with the ability to cope with complex and large data volumes.
- Profound Project Management skills.
- Very good command of written and spoken English and ideally also French.
- Expert knowledge in Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Hands-on mentality and flexibility.
- High level of initiative and creativity for new ideas and to find solutions.
What makes zooplus a great place to work:
- Motivated and friendly teams with over 50 nationalities
- Dedicated Buddy to support your onboarding
- A partnership with a selected gym
- A central location in Munich
- Flexible working hours and healthy work-life balance with 28 vacation days (plus Dec 24th and 31st)
- Hybrid working model with 2 office- & 3 flexible days
- Modern workspaces, state-of-the-art equipment, and mobile phones
- Continuous development through internal and external training opportunities
- Employee discount for all company shops
- Company pension scheme
- Company events
In case you didn´t know
Zooplus SE was founded in Munich in 1999 and today we are Europe´s leading online retailer for pet-related products. With an annual double-digit growth rate, we have already successfully rolled out our business model in 30 European countries and we are expecting further sustainable growth in European e-commerce. We remain faithful to the key values of our company – a dynamic and flexible approach, constant learning opportunities, and inventive thinking at every level and position in the organization.
You want to know more? Let´s have a talk! Apply now.