Senior Vendor Manager (f/m/d)
Founded in 1999, zooplus has grown to become Europe’s largest e-Commerce retailer of pet food and
supplies. With annual double-digit growth rate and revenue of over €1.5 billion in 2019, we have already
successfully established our business model in 30 European countries and are expecting further
sustainable growth in the years ahead.
In order to help pet parents to cover their pets needs and get access to best value-for-money product portfolio, zooplus cooperate with the most relevant manufacturers in the pet industry. The Vendor Management team take care of the relationship with our business partner in order to offer tailor made assortment in the 30 countries we operate. We have a fantastic opportunity for an exceptional candidate to
become part of the success story and join the zooplus team in our modern
office in the heart of Munich with excellent infrastructural
As a Senior Vendor Manager, you are part of the Local Champion Brands Team and responsible for managing the customer experience, topline performance, and ultimately, profitability for several vendors. You will focus on creating scale and identifying competition and external trends for your vendors and categories.
- Develops, implements, and controls a product range strategy including listing and delisting decisions.
- Manages payment terms and cost structure in contractual agreements; audits for best-in-class terms for assigned vendors or categories; drives strategic negotiations to deliver top- and bottom-line category growth for vendors and categories.
- Influences strategic or complex vendors to prioritize customer experience by lowering costs, improving the supply chain, reducing defects, and driving efficiencies.
- Creates opportunities for growth, customer acquisition and retention by conducting market, competitor, and range analysis.
- Reviews results of promotions and changes course of action and negotiates new promotions if needed; creates strategic and prioritized vendor marketing plan that maximizes margin euros and customer experience.
- Manages the relationship with internal departments such as Sales, Legal, Supply Chain Management and Accounting.
What we are looking for
- Graduate degree in a business-related discipline
- Significant and relevant work experience in the FMCG industry or retail business as a (Senior) Category Manager, Vendor Manager
and/or Buyer, ideally in e-commerce
- Must be fluent in German and English, highly polished communication skills - speaking, writing, presenting and negotiating
- Experience in an international working environment combined with excellent intercultural communication skills
- Ability to unlock complex issues and to work proactively on proposals, solution thinking
- Strength to understand customer needs and market requirements to enhance the customer experience
- Ability to think and react in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
- Strong influencing abilities and vendor management experience
- Experience in teamwork and guidance of business partners with proved authority
- Proficient MS-Office (especially Excel and Power Point)
What makes zooplus a great place to work
- Motivated and friendly teams from over 50 nationalities
- A can-not-be-more-central location in Munich
- Flexible working hours and healthy work-life balance with 28 vacation days (plus Dec 24th and 31st)
- State-of-the-art equipment and mobile phones
- Continuous development through internal and external training opportunities
- A partnership with a selected gym
- Employee discount for all company shops
- Company pension scheme
- Company events
Become part of our success story and seize the
opportunity to take on a real challenge in a dynamically growing company
with great freedom and short decision-making paths. In our motivated
team with colleagues from all over Europe, we offer you a versatile task
with an international orientation.